As indicated in the Submissions section, to guarantee the high standard of publications, all essays approved at the editorial level have to undergo a double-blind review process. Each text (apart from discussion papers and book reviews) will be evaluated independently by two recognized experts in a given subject matter field. Based on the referees’ recommendations and suggestions, the Editor-in-Chief makes the final decision regarding the publication.
The review process will be based on the following rules:
- Submitted essays are sent to referees without the name of the author.
- All indications, which would make possible identification of the author are removed from the essay for the time of evaluation.
- The names of referees are unknown to the author.
- After the review process, relevant parts of referee report presenting the general assessment of the submitted essay and indicating its shortcomings are sent to the author with a request to introduce the suggested modifications or corrections.
- The text is accepted after introducing the above-specified modifications or corrections. In exceptional cases, the author is entitled to reject these modifications or corrections after providing a proper justification.
- The names of referees are listed on our website once a year – until that moment, they remain fully anonymous.
- None of the referees is affiliated with the same institution as the author.
- The review form consists of four questions and proposed suggestions for improvements:
- Does the title clearly express the content of the article?
- Does the paper fulfill the standards provided for the academic journals?
- Does the article offer a valuable contribution to a certain area of research?
- Is the language appropriate for an academic paper?
- Potential suggestions for improvements and final recommendation for publishing (or not).
The estimated time for the Editorial Staff’s and the Peer Reviewers’ feedback should not exceed 5 months in the academic year.
To protect the anonymity of our referees – the full list of referees for each year is published at the beginning of the subsequent year.